2 down!

In the words of my oncologist, I am his "perfect patient" - and that alone puts a smile on my face! He told us today that people either do very well, or they feel like they've just been put through 2 weeks of hell, so I guess I am one of the lucky ones that has done well with my first chemo treatment.   I had my second treatment today, and once again, it was cake.  Why can't they make all tests for cancer as easy as this?  I guess I'll go ahead and shut up before I put my foot in my mouth and jinx myself!  I feel ok right now, but am assuming I will get a little more sluggish by the hour.  So, 2 down - 6 to go!


This past weekend, we went to Isle of Palms, SC and had an absolute blast!  We stayed at the unbelievably gorgeous Wild Dunes Resort.  Kristie, my best friend from college, has worked here for several years and it really must be awful to look at that scenery all day long!  HA!  Our ocean front house was stunning - and really comfortable for 8 people which was so nice. It was so much fun to hang out with family and great friends.  We had some awesome seafood while we were there and ate at restaurants on the water twice.  None of us wanted to come home yesterday, we literally could have stayed for weeks!  Thanks again Kristie for such a fun time - we will never forget this trip!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of you guys. It truly looks that you guys had a wonderful time. I have heard that Wild Dunes is a great place to visit. I am so glad the second treatment is done and you only have six to go. We are continuing to think and pray for you guys everynight. We love you both! Michael, Steph, Braden, and Sydney

Anonymous said...

Hey SIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally I get to see your page!!! AWESOME!!!! CONGRATS on the 2 DOWN!!! Remember what I said on that first day? "It picked the wrong one to pick on!!!!!!!!!" I love you and I am so proud to have you for a little SIS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Best beach trip ever! I am so happy to hear your treatments are going so well. I wish we could see you before every treatment to cheer you on!
Lots of love,
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Hey hey hey---that's a pretty good looking bunch you're hanging out with there girl.It's great to hear yesterday wasn't a tough day for you but that's not surprising to ol' Uncle Ra Ra 'cause none of them are going to be as tough as you are. Hang in there it's already the end of the first quarter and just like those great pictures show, that Johnson/Stephenson sideline looks strong as ever.Thoughts and prayers to ALL OF YOU from all of us!

Anonymous said...

Hey KJS, keep it up, your spirit and attitude are something this disease was not prepared for, you have alot of people who love you and are willing to take your place, but something tells me you are handeling it better then any of us
could. I love you very much, and had an amazing weekend lOVE YOU SO MUCH BFS

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everything is going well for you! I have been thinking and praying about you daily! You look awesome! Stay strong and LIVE STRONG! Love you so much, Katie Scott

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerri! I talked with Ben yesterday and this morning, and he said that you were doing great! That's fantastic. And don't you love it when the doc tells you that you are the perfect patient! Can't get better than that! We're praying for and thinking about you each and every day. Mr. Steve and I love you! Love, Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

Kerri,
Did you happen to see Robin Roberts on GMA this morning? She was talking about her cancer experience ~ even showed a chemo treatment through her port. As I am a visual person, it helped me grasp what you're dealing with daily. She also spoke of the strength you have talked about. I am so honored to pray for you and Ben and I love this blog!:)
I love you,
Penny

P.S. I think Robin is to be on Nightline tonight.

Anonymous said...

BEST BEACH TRIP EVER! We had fun! I'm glad everything is going well for you! I just wish I could be there with you! I love you soooo much... I miss you! Can't wait to see you again!
your favorite niece
Lauren