2008 Light the Night Walk - Atlanta

This past Saturday was the 2008 Light the Night Walk in Atlanta. The day started with a surprise visit by some of my closest friends, Chris and Laura Herron, who drove all the way from Columbia to spend the day with me! Lori Tvarkunas, Brandon Lacey, and Rob Stanfield also surprised me as well. This added to my original crew of my husband Ben, Steve and Linda Stephenson, Kristen and Matt Stephenson and my Mom and Dad. We all watched the Carolina-Kentucky game over at Kristen and Matt's house (thank goodness we won, go cocks!) and then headed downtown to Centennial Olympic Park. The weather was perfect, and we were on Ben's Enterprise Rent-A-Car Team of about 200 walkers. I had never participated in a charity event before, but I will never miss another one of these walks. It was so awesome to see how many people came out to show support - I think around 12,000 people were there and together raised over $1 million. It's really something to see all of those balloons lighting up simultaneously. I want to thank everyone who was there supporting me, and thank you to Kristen and Matt for organizing and hosting Saturday's surprise for me. I have the best family and friends anyone could ever ask for.

Love you all!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey KJS, great pics, what a great weekend.... Keep up the great work and I love you... See you soon LOVE BEN

Anonymous said...

It was a fantastic weekend! Mr. Steve and I were so honored to be able to be there to walk with you. Saturday afternoon at Matt and Kristen's house was a blast even though my Cats lost. These pictures are great! Keep up the good work, Kerri! We love you! Love, Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

It was great to be with everyone; Matt-Kristen, thanks for the awesome food and hospitality; Linda-Steve, thanks for your support and love as well, Linda-your potato salad was pretty special, sorry the "Blue" team didn't win for you!

Thanks to all of Kerri's friends who really surprised and added to her day and "light the night"

Thanks to my wife, Patsy for always being there and for everything you've done for Kerri and Ben!

KJS - you are an amazing daughter! Keep it up!

Pictures are great too ...

Patsy and I appreciate the donations and everything you are doing for Kerri.

Love everyone,

Frank

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a strong and amazing family that I have. I wish I could have been there with you guys this weekend, but you all were in our thoughts. The pictures are wonderful!!! It looks as though you all had a great time for a wonderful cause. We also do Light the Night here in Roanoke as well. I hope to get a team together and do it here. Keep up the great work Ben and Kerri!! Love, Crossan Family

Anonymous said...

Kerri,

Glad to hear you are doing so well. You and Ben are in my thoughts and prayers everyday and you guys are doing a remarkable job! Love keeping up with events such as these - they are so important and uplifting! Keep up the good work! Love, Aunt Jan