3rd treatment down and Charleston Light the Night

Hey all,


I had my 3rd treatment this past Tuesday and everything went according to plan!  It took longer than usual because they put me on a pump, but oh well, different nurses to different things.  I am working from home today, and I am feeling better than I usually do 2 days after treatment.  Maybe that's because I slept for about 11 hours last night!  I'm still tired, but I am able to eat more than usual which is good.  I got some very good news from my oncologist, Dr. H - he says I don't even have to come get my blood tested every week because I'm doing so well.  How awesome is that!  I am his youngest patient by far and compared to the last patient with Hodgkin's - he says its astounding the difference between the two of us.  She did not handle the treatments very well, and I seem to be doing extremely well - so that is awesome news.  That's one less needle stick I have to deal with every week!  YAY!

I know you have all been waiting to see pics from the Charleston Light the Night - so here they are!  Thanks again to Kristie for organizing TEAM KERRI, and to everyone who walked in my honor.  Yall are great friends!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great!! Thank you all for joining us for the walk! It means a lot to me that we were able to get together that big of a group in Charleston! Your the best.
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Kerri, I am so glad that everything went so well at the oncologist's yesterday. It's fantastic that you don't have to go in for bloodwork as often! The pictures of the Charleston walk are great! Thanks from Steve and me to Kristie and Team Kerri for walking! Keep up the good work Kerri! Three down and five to go! Love to both you and Ben! Love, Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

P.S. I meant to say "on Tuesday" instead of yesterday concerning your treatment. That's what happens when you get old! Love, Mrs. Linda

Mason Fleske said...

Stay strong! We miss you at EGG!

Anonymous said...

Kristie,

Thanks for facilitating "TEAM KERRI" ... I know you guys raised lots of money for the cause.

Again, thanks so much for "caring".

From the family, we love you.

Frank & Patsy, Kerri & Ben, Stephen & Brandy, Lauren & Phillips.