2 weeks out

Hey everybody, 


Well, I've hit the 2 week mark!  I wanted to give everyone an update on how I've been feeling over the past two weeks.  Right after radiation, I had a minor sore throat for about 6 days and I think I actually irritated it myself by eating bigger bites than I could handle.  My fault for trying to stuff my face with food (what's new right?  ha!)  It gets annoying trying to eat little bitty small bites all the time!  I just wanted take a huge chunk out of something because I was so hungry, and I did several times!  I figured my body just needed more food (fuel) because it was trying to heal itself.  So, I ended up with some soreness and my throat closed up a little bit.  No biggie, its gone now!  I was also pretty tired that first week after radiation.  I tried to exercise the day after, not a good idea!  I wasn't right for the rest of the day, I felt so weak - it was awful.  That was the worst of it though.  I took it easy the rest of the week, and didn't try to push myself.  It worked.  I also never had any radiation "burns" like I was expecting.  My chest is a beautiful tan color right now from it, but of course, I wish it wasn't.  I know that it's from deadly radiation, not the beautiful sunshine.  That's ok though, it had to be done.  I will have to watch this area of my body very closely for the rest of my life.  Skin cancer occurs a lot after radiation, sometimes it takes as long as 20 years to form.  But, I won't be playing around with that.  I have to have pretty high spf on my neck and chest for a year.  Wow.  So, as I write this today I am feeling pretty darn good.  I wouldn't say I'm 100% yet - but I'm getting there.  I have begun to eat things that are good for healing, promote energy and overall well-being.  These are things I couldn't eat during treatment as they actually have super high antioxidants.  Things like blueberries, raspberries, green tea, dark greens, etc.  I'm starting to buy everything organic.  I have begun to walk on the treadmill consistently.  I will be back to my old self by summer - yall just wait and see!  I'm going to come out of this ordeal a much healthier person than I used to be!  It's kind of exciting!

My first post treatment scan is scheduled for March 27th.  I am hoping radiation hasn't left a lot of scar tissue.  Hodgkin's Lymphoma is notorious for leaving large amounts of scar tissue.  Please continue to pray for clean scans from here on out.

Happy Friday to all of you!  I hope you all have a great weekend!

Love to all,

Kerri

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound so good in your update, and I know you're going to feel better and stronger each and every day from here on out. We were so happy to see you this past weekend. You looked great! Hope you and Ben have a wonderful weekend! Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend! Love to you and Ben! Love, Mrs. Linda