Hey all,
I hope all of you had an awesome Valentines Day Weekend, we sure did! Ben had a dozen roses delivered to my work on Friday, and then took me out to Twist Sat night - it's an awesome restaurant in Buckhead. We had a great time, thank you again Ben you are so sweet! Love you!
I am writing to update all of you on radiation. I have 10 treatments under my belt! At the end of last week, I could feel my throat beginning to close up a little bit. It never really hurt, and it never got to the point where I had to change my eating habits, it just took a little longer to eat because I have to chew everything a little bit more. So I go this morning and have my 10th treatment, and also met with Dr. Gargus. He said that because I am having these symptoms, he wants to hold off treatment for 2 days. We will resume radiation on Thursday. He said in all of his years of experience, its better to have 2 days off in the middle of treatment to let yourself heal a little, than to just go non-stop. He said it can get pretty bad, and that people have been hospitalized because they can't swallow at all - not even fluids, and they get severely dehydrated. Well I surely don't want that to happen! So, as I am sitting here, I can feel my throat beginning to hurt. Its not bad yet, but its not comfortable either. So, I am glad he made this decision, or by Friday I would be in severe pain. Its the worst in the morning, and I almost choked on my vitamin this morning, gross!
Yall keep praying for me, please pray that I don't have to drink that ensure stuff, yuck!
I think I'll go with mashed potatoes, milkshakes, and mac and cheese the rest of the week. I guess that isn't so bad, huh?
Love yall!
Kerri
6 comments:
Sitting here at Starbucks in Louisville to catch up on my computer info. I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your throat but am glad that the Doc is playing it safe and giving you some rest. Hope it feels better. Just think...you're almost done! You and Ben will stay in my prayers. Love to you both! Love, Mrs. Linda
Love the new page layout...it looks upbeat and cheery...hang in there angel!
Love,
Mrs.H
PS. Now that we're friends on facebook, don't believe anything you read about me...:)
Hey Sweetie, Happy Belated Valentines day again, I had a blast with you, as I always do. I dont mind making you as much Mashed potatoes and ice cream as you can eat, I like it as well. I love you and I can feel the conclusion of all of this in our reach. Keep doing what your doing Love Ben
Kerri- Ben shared your blog with me today and I have enjoyed reading about your victories and challenges over the past several months!! You are an amazing woman! Turely an inspiration to people that are Real and trying to keep thier heads above water in difficult times! I am glad to hear that you are almost done with your radiation! Ice cream and mashed taters sounds pretty good. Take care. You both in my prayers!
Stacy Wall
Love the new blog look! Almost done, chickie! Woohoo! You'll have to go on a 2 week alcohol binge after it's all over to celebrate! Hang in there...this will be an experience to tell your grandchildren about.
What up SIS!!!! "Ain't gonna be long now!" Bout dang time,huh! We miss ya'll tons! C-YA in a couple of weeks!!!!
Stephen&Brandy
Post a Comment