After a weekend of doing nothing but sleeping (13 hours Sat night!), walking, going to church and hanging out with Ben, I am in a better place. The weather this past weekend was just gorgeous, enough to put anyone in a better mood. That last post was tough to even type out. I just didn't feel like myself last week. I sincerely hope I don't get like that again. But things are getting better! 7 radiation treatments are history, with 10 to go. I'm slowly but surely getting there! I still hate that mask, but they did cut the eyes out of it for me which has helped a tremendous amount. Now the mesh marks are only on my nose, so I don't look like freak walking into work. I got a few stares one day, I'm sure people were wondering just what the heck I had been doing. I can tell the sore throat is coming, its starting to feel a little weird - but no pain yet. I have radiation every day at 8:45 am, with my last one being February 25th. I can't wait for that day!
It's weird how every time we go to church, the pastor seems to speak directly to me. His sermon this past Sunday was about "Gods Silence". It struck a chord with me, and I instantly began to feel a weight being lifted off of my shoulders. Psalm 22: 1-2 is the verse he referenced:
1. My God, My God why have you abandoned me? Why so far from my call for help, from my cries of anguish? 2. My God, I call by day, but you do not answer; by night, but I have no relief.
Our pastor explained that when you think God has forsaken about you, and he doesn't seem to be listening - what really is happening is much deeper. Gods silence does not mean He is in inactive. Gods silence does not mean He is unable. And lastly, Gods silence does not mean He is inefficient. What He is doing is really part of a much larger scale, and just because you don't think he is listening and you feel that you are being ignored, He has something so much bigger in store for you. I thought this sermon was something we all needed to hear, and that's why I have shared it with you.
A bit of good news too - I have new hair growing in - YAAAAAAAAAAY! It sticks straight up, but I don't care!
Hope all of you have a wonderful Valentine's Day - what a great holiday!
I would also like to congratulate my Big Brother and Brandy on their new house, CONGRATS!
Again, thanks for the prayers! Love yall!
Kerri
7 comments:
Kerri!!! Yes we do have to meet up. What church are you guys going to? Im glad to see you are feeling better. Talk to you soon.
Did you lose all of your hair or just some of it? Hang in there, chick...Feb 25 is right around the corner!!!
I'm so glad that you're feeling so much better. This will all be over soon. I'm counting down the days! Love and prayers to both you and Ben! Love, Mrs. Linda
Sweetie, I had a great weekend too, The sermon touched me as it touched you. I love you and am more proud of you then you will ever know. Keep up the great work and know I will always be there to take as much weight off as humanly possible. I love you always
BEN
Happy valentines day Aunt Kerri
Love, phillips
We are so happy you are feeling better. We wanted to stop by last weekend and bring some goodies but we knew you needed your rest. I hope you have a wonderful Valentines and I can't wait till we can get together. Miss you guys!!!
Love, Melanie and Matt
Happy Valentines Day Aunt Kerri!
Love you!
Lauren...
And the rest of us!
Post a Comment