A win's a win!


Hey all,


Is it really Monday already?  Weekends are never long enough!  I'm at work today, but I decided I am tired of condensing manuals, so here I am writing on here.  I have felt weird all day, and am yawning out of control, but I'm pushing through it and will most likely stay until 5.  They say a week after treatment is when your blood counts are at their lowest, so I am guessing that's why I am dragging today.  We will see tomorrow - my first blood draw from my port is at 11, hopefully they don't send me straight home!  

This past weekend, Ben and I decided to go to the USC-UAB game in Columbia.  I had considered staying home, but I've seen enough of my house lately - so we went.  It was so much fun!  The weather was perfect, and we saw a bunch of good friends and family that we haven't seen in a while which is always a good time.  Ben's sister and her husband came down from Virginia, along with several of their good friends.  We also saw Chris and Laura's little girl, Raegan, who is such a sweet little thing!  It was so good to see everyone!  

So, all in all - it was an awesome weekend with one exception.  Note to self:  Do not attempt to walk all the way to Williams Brice Stadium, then walk up to the nosebleeds and climb 100 stairs after having chemotherapy.  You will pass out.  I almost did and got that funny feeling you get right before you do pass out - but somehow I didn't.  That was just dumb and I guess I think I'm superwoman, but hey, at least now I know my limits!  

I'll be in touch!

Love you all


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerri & Ben,

Just wanted you to know that you are in our prayers. We know that you are going to do great, and that you will come thru this with flying colors! Ben's cousin, Seana (my daughter) is a 10 year ovarian cancer survivor - she's 31 now, has a great husband (Brad), step-son (Tyler) and daughter, Gracyn or Gracie as I refer to her. Seana is now blessed with good health as we know you will be too! Keep the faith - Love Aunt Jan