Hey all!
WOW...the last week and a half has been insanely busy. I need a vacation...seriously! Work has been crazy lately. I was going on about my business last week at work when my boss called us into a meeting unexpectedly. He went on to tell us that my division is basically done with, and that we are merging into one business unit. They let two guys go that I have worked with for almost two years, and two other guys from the other division as well. These guys were awesome employees. It just goes to show you that you ARE NOT SAFE. No one is. It's scary. I could have easily lost my job. But, they kept me and two other guys. THANK YOU GOD! I am now part of the "design team" here and I guess that's ok - well it's gonna have to be ok. They moved me out of my massive office with a window, to one a quarter of the size that faces customer service. Oh joy. But I need to get over being so spoiled. At least I have a job, and I am so unbelievable blessed that I was spared.
We had company in town last weekend from Baltimore. Brett Johnson, and his fiancee Monica came to visit and we had a great time! We watched football and showed them around the city on Saturday in the pouring rain...but we didn't care, it was a blast! It was good to see Brett and meet Monica!
This week Ben has several car sales, and I've been adjusting to my new position and the added responsibility that has come along with it. I am headed to Columbia this weekend to hang out with my bf from college Kristie and go to the Carolina game! Ben has to work, please pray that he has a successful car sale this weekend!
One last, but very important note - I would like to ask you to please pray for my online forum friend Alison Humphries. This is sad stuff...but her daughter Adrienne lost her battle with Hodgkin's yesterday. She was only 22. She has been battling this disease since she was 9, and had multiple relapses. They removed her from the vent yesterday morning. I cannot fathom how devastated their family must be. It isn't fair. Adrienne fought with all she could - she fought it for 13 years. May God bless you Adrienne, fly with the angels!
Sigh. Cancer sucks.
Love to all,
Kerri
3 comments:
I will keep Adrienne's family in my prayers. I can only imagine what they're going through. I'm glad your job was spared. These are troublesome times with the economy. Glad you were able to go to Columbia and cheer on the Gamecocks this weekend! Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple of weeks. Love to you and Ben! Love, Mrs. Linda
I will pray for Adrienne's family, Kerri! That is so sad! Love you! Kristen
I will pray for her as well KJS, You will be a valuable employee no matter what office you are in
Love you
Ben
Post a Comment