Wetlanta!

Greetings from Wetlanta!


I'm sure you've seen the Atlanta floods all over the news lately - well to our relief, our home is untouched. Our home is the highest in the neighborhood, and I honestly did not see any flooding in our area this week. It's the surrounding areas that got hit HARD. I think we got about 12 inches at our house over the past week, it could be more though because my gauge only holds 6 inches and it filled up in no time. I thought my flowers were going to drown! Well, others weren't so lucky. Ben and I did not realize how bad it was until we watched the news Monday night. Oh my goodness...some of the photos rival Katrina. When I saw people in boats, and kids having to stay overnight at schools because their parents could not get to them - I realized the severity of this flood. I feel so sad for the people that lost family members, that is so awful. I have never seen 85 and 285 shut down because of water before! Here are some pics of Atlanta below...





We hope the rain stays away this weekend, there is no reason to add insult to injury! Those poor people that lost everything in their homes and don't have flood insurance, oh my gosh what do you do?

Hope all of you are having a great week - the sun is finally shining over Atlanta, thank you God!

Love to all,

Kerri

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are unreal. It's just awful. I'm so glad that you and Ben, Matt and Kristen, Pen and Bob and ReRe weren't hit with the flooding. I feel so bad that some people lost their lives. Will pray that the rain is over for a while. Love ya, Mrs. Linda