My next scan is coming up...


Hey all!  Just got confirmation that my next CT scan will be Monday, June 22nd at 8 am.  I will get the results Friday, June 26th at 3 pm.  

Ah, yes wonder when the "scanxiety" will kick in - it hasn't yet - thank goodness!  I haven't really had to worry about one yet, so this will be new territory for me.  I can already feel my chest start to tighten just thinking about it.  PRAYERS PLEASE!!!!!!   I need you all to pray for:

1.  That the scar tissue is shrinking
2.  That this beast never, ever returns
3.  That my hair grows faster

OK, maybe not #3 - but this hair thing is starting to really bug me!  It's growing super fast, just not fast enough for me!  It's a little over 2 inches long now - keep in mind that I still have "old" hair, and this new hair is growing in like crazy.  It sticks straight up on top of my head, really down my part line.  Some of it pokes through the old hair!  I can't do a thing with it.  My new name for it is my "quarter mullet" since I have short and long hair.  HA!  

I have been feeling like my old self these past few weeks.  I thought it would take me days to get over this last beach trip because I didn't sleep that much, but I was fine by Tuesday!   I am impressed with how fast I have rebounded.  I have been working out 3 times a week trying to get my self back into shape.  I can tell it's working.  I couldn't take a deep breath for a while after chemo, but it's definitely getting better.  I just went to mush sitting on the couch for 6 months - and the steroids I was on made me eat everything in sight.  I have never experienced hunger like that before!  I put on about 6 pounds, which isn't that much - but for me it is.  I have never gained weight, and some things don't fit like they used to.  I have read that weight gained during chemo is a beast to get off, but eventually it does just fall off.  Some others on my lymphoma forum packed on 50+ pounds, so I guess I did pretty good.  

Anyways, just thought I would let you all know about the next scan, PLEASE pray for me.

Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the beginning of summer!  

Love to all,

Kerri


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will start praying 20 times a day now from my normal 19. I can't wait to get the great news. I love you and I think your hair and weight look great.....

Love Ben

Anonymous said...

You can count on us for continued prayers. I know you're going to get a great report! We're so glad you're feeling so good. Keep up the good work! Love, Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers non stop...and you'll get the results right before I go run this race in YOUR honor! How fabulous that will be- a run of celebration and victory!
:)
--Debbie Markowski