Since I have been going to the gym for about two months, I have been getting this extremely odd sensation when I begin working out and all the way through my workouts - but it's only when I look down. I thought it would go away, but just last week - I was running on the treadmill when I looked down and I literally almost went flying off of it! I have discovered that I have a rare side effect from radiation called Lhermitte's Sign and it occurs after radiation to the cervical spine area. It feels like electric currents shooting down my spine and all the way down both legs. It's CRAZY! You know when you hit your funny bone really hard that tingly sensation you get? Well that's why it feels like on the lower half of my body. If I look down really hard, I almost fall over. It kind of freaks me out a little bit now that I know this is from radiation. I did some research this morning, and there isn't a thing I can do about it. It will subside, but it could be months or years. I am hoping it's months!
Hope yall are having a good week! Tonight at the gym when I feel this, I may just bust out the Electric Slide! HA!
Love to all,
Kerri
6 comments:
I want to see you do the Electric Slide
Love You
Ben
Try a different kind of cardio, chick. Maybe something as monotonous as running on a treadmill puts your mind on the sensation more than a good kickboxing class would.
Oh, and the Cupid Shuffle is more fun...tee hee.
Well, you could come up with a whole new dance! Seriously though, be careful not to fall off the treadmill! Love, Mrs. Linda
Try a Ride class. Your neck stays inline with the spine, no jerky movements, AND you'll burn more calories than the treadmill. Come see me Fri 545a Gold's Hamilton Mill. ;0)
Not that kind of Electric slide Ben! haha.
KJ - hit up the two step followed with a Superman and when the crowd goes wild finish it off with the Chicken Noodle Soup.
- CH
Nothing like pushing that butt-crack early class, Cona. WTG.
Post a Comment