Hey everyone! Just got news that my scan was CLEAN! No change from last time...YES YES YES! I could go do cartwheels right now! Good grief I am glad they called me back because I literally could not work this morning. I just sat here lost in anxiety land, not fun. BUT, now I am ECSTATIC! Thank you Lord for this answered prayer!
The scan went well Monday morning. They got the IV in the first time (in the crease of my arm which I HATE) but it wasn't too bad. Ben and I were back home by 9 am. I didn't have to go into work until after lunch so Ben and I stopped to get some breakfast. We got home and I looked over at the window in the kitchen and what do I see? A HUMMINGBIRD! I couldn't believe it! I have been waiting on my hummingbirds to show up since March. It literally made my day. I'm not sure why, but my hummingbirds always seem to show up on "scan" day. Last time my first one showed up, it was on the day that I had the first CT scan before my diagnosis. That awful, awful day. That was the day I went in for a CT, got home and then they called me right back. That was the day I got the news that I most likely had cancer. And as soon as I walked in the door after the terrible news, tears streaming down my face - there was that hummingbird. For some reason, that made me feel better. I knew everything would be alright when I saw it. Some of you may think I am weird for being that way, but that's just me. So, when I saw the new hummingbird on Monday, once again - I knew everything was going to be alright. They always show up when I need them the most.
This past weekend I went to the lake house to hang out with the fam. Talk about HOT! Wow, it was 101 degrees on Saturday. You could barely stand to be in the sun, and the shade wasn't much better. We had a great time though! We had Low Country Boil on Saturday and you just can't beat that on a sunny Saturday afternoon. I was glad I got to hang out with my Brother and Dad on Father's Day for a little while. Poor Ben had to work, but it turned out to be a successful weekend for him thank goodness! We missed you Ben! No more car sales until the fall, yay!
SO, I would like to end this blog post with a tribute. My parents beloved black lab TJ was put to sleep last week. They decided it was time for her to go because she just couldn't get around anymore, and the heat may have killed her this past weekend. TJ hasn't been in good shape for two years now, she was blind, had arthritis, and when they finally weighed her - she was a hefty 118 pounds. This dog meant a lot to my family. She came into the world when I was a junior in high school, and she was a puppy whose mother was my brother's old dog Andy. From the beginning, my Dad trained this dog to do tricks - she was so smart! We called her the ultimate "lake dog" because she ran and played from the minute she got to the lake house until my Dad loaded her in the back of the truck to come home. She loved a rock - we used to all have to take turns throwing rocks for her to go fetch. We would get tired of throwing rocks because this dog did not quit - we could throw them in the pitch black darkness and she would find it every time. We named TJ for the markings on her chest. She had a white "T" and we added J for Johnson and the name stuck. She was a happy dog, always so sweet and never mean to anyone. We love you and will miss you TJ - dogs like you are hard to find.

6 comments:
We are so thrilled and happy and feel so blessed that your scan was clean! Thank you God!!! We are so sorry to hear about TJ but know that you all have many happy memories to keep her always alive in your heart. You know I'm the biggest "dog person" in the whole world and I know this is a hard time for you and your family. TJ was blessed to have such a special family to take care of her. Love to you and Ben. Love, Mrs. Linda
Ben and Kerri - Thanks for the tribute to TJ - it was a very hard day but we got through it! TJ's ashes will be scattered at the lake, the place she loved the most and where she will be forever.
Thank the good lord & the hummingbirds for the wonderful results today.
See you both soon,
Mom and Dad
Hey Sis,
Glad everything is good! There will never be another dog like T.J. We will miss her a bunch! That dog could do tricks like no other! Thinkin of yall as we are at the bizeach! Wish yall were here! Miss yall tons... Tell ol' Ben I said "Heehaaaheereeeheeeheehe!"
Love yall,
Stephen, Brandy, Lauren, Phillips
Peace out!
We are blessed with this news.... KJS you worked so hard and went through so much. You are a fighter and I am still in awe of the way you have and continue to deal with this. I love you
Ben
Kerri & Ben,
We are so thrilled with your wonderful news! Prayers are answered and we are estatic! Live large and enjoy life - you both deserve the best. We love you guys!
Love Aunt Janet, Seana, Brad, Gracie & Tyler
Thank God! Good news.
Post a Comment