
I married my best friend! What a beautiful day it was: the sun was shining, we had family and friends from all over the east coast in town, and it was just a perfect day. Our wedding was so much fun, and I would do it all over again if I could.
Who could have ever predicted what would happen to us 2 and a half years later? As devastating as it seemed at the time, my cancer diagnosis has changed the way we treat each other, for the better. I know it was hard on Ben, probably harder on him that it was on me. He was the one who had to hold it all together, he was my "rock" and the one I could depend on every single day. When someone never lets you down, you find yourself deeply connected to that person - and that is Ben, he has never once let me down. He is the only one who saw me on my bad days, and did everything he could to make it all better. He had to watch me suffer, and if the roles were reversed I'm not sure I could do that. He was forced to take another job right when I was diagnosed, and that was not easy. The job was still with Enterprise, but learning a new job when your wife was just diagnosed with cancer was just the icing on the cake. The fall/winter of 2008 totally sucked for us. But, we got through it - and with God's grace we can get through anything. With family and friends by our side, we can get through anything. Where would I be today without my rock? I'm not sure. But, thank you Lord for giving me a husband that can handle the roughest of times.
Ben, thank you for always being there for me. You have never, ever failed me. You lift my spirits in ways that no one else can. You always know exactly what to say to make me feel better. Our wedding song was "Love Will Keep Us Alive" by The Eagles - now isn't that the truth? Yes it will, love will keep us alive - now and always. Thank you for being the best husband EVER and I love you!
Happy 3rd Anniversary sweetheart!
Love always,
Kerri
PS...Ben is at home sick today, poor thing! Yall say a prayer for him!
3 comments:
It's hard to believe it's been 3 years - what a wonderful day that was - We, like you and Ben, would do it all over again if we could, it was a most joyous and exciting time - thank you Ben for always being there for Kerri, it surely relieved our stresses to know you were there and would do anything for her and YOU DID (Thank you) ... we wish you both many more happy years together - we've got our 40th soon, June 8, just seems like yesterday.
Happy Anniversary,
Love Mom and Dad
Happy Anniversary you two! I can't believe that three years have gone by already! The love and devotion you have for each other makes a parent so proud and feel so blessed. We love you both! Love, Mrs. Linda
Kerri, words don't express how I feel. Seeing how brave you are tells me that you could handle anything. These have been the best 3 years a husband can hope for, Even with its challenges. Marriage is like life, it is wonderful and beautiful, but you have challenges. Those challenges make life tough, but they make you understand how great life is, Just like through our challenge this past year shows me how luck I truly am to have found you. Thank you for marrying me and Happy 3rd Sweetie Love Ben
Post a Comment