
For those of you who have never met our furry child Gracie before, well - you're missing out. She's part human, part cat. We treat her as our child. I swear she knows every word I say, and she is so freaking spoiled that she actually sleeps on a heating pad every night. I know, I'm a sucker for all things furry and cute, especially her. So, I decided that it was time for her annual check-up and took her into the vet's office Monday night. Thank goodness Ben got home early and was able to go with me. First off, as soon as we walk in the door she buries herself in the blanket I have in her carrier. I haven't seen her that scared in a while. Poor thing! We get into a room and the vet comes in and wants to weigh her. I somehow manage to get her up on the counter, and she weighs a whopping 13 pounds, 9 ounces. They were like, "wow, she's solid". I think what they meant to say, is "What the heck are you feeding this cat? She's a chunky monkey!" Keep in mind that Gracie is the most beautiful blue point siamese cat you've ever seen - and siamese cats are solid muscle. She actually looks skinny to me, but has this little pouch of a tummy that the vet says they refer to as a "sweeper". I thought that was cute! Now Gracie is on a diet, she only gets half of her wet food at night. So anyways, I ask if they can clip her nails for me. Sure no big deal right? HA! Think again. They began and when they got to the third nail, all hell broke loose. She started to growl and make noises I've never heard before. She was PISSED. They stopped and said they had never seen a cat act like that before. They decided to give her the shots first, and then got back to trimming those razors she had for nails. They began again, and this time she tries to bite the assistant! They have to go get a towel and put it over her face, and the vet then says to me "I'm sweating bullets" - I didn't know whether to laugh or be embarassed. Dang! With every nail they cut, the more violent she becomes. They finally cut all of them, and thank goodness because one more and I think she would have strangled herself. So, that was our fun Monday night! Gotta love our sweet angel Gracie, but man, she is a pistol!
So, LOST was new last night, we've been waiting for this for forever! The whole show was about time travel. This is just getting to be almost too much. Anyone else feel the same? I don't care though, its still the best show on TV. I just wanted to give it a shout-out cause we just love the show so much. They don't make'em like that anymore!
On to radiation - you know, the everyday beam to the throat I will be getting here in the next few weeks. I met with Dr. John Gargus this morning, and he is such a sweet man. His daughter is even thinking about going to USC, which made me like him even more. He explained that I would be having "involved field radiation" to the throat, chest and left underarm area. He said that the only thing that would really annoy me would be a sore throat. I almost said, "yeah and driving here every day for almost a month". Gotta do what I'm told I guess. I may also have some fatigue towards the end, but he said it wouldn't last long. Anyways, I will be having 17 treatments, Monday through Friday beginning the first week of February. Then I can put all this behind me, wow - that's gonna be a good day!
I'll be good as new, just in time for spring - heck yes!
The last thing to say, is thank goodness its almost FRIDAY! YAY!
Hope you all have a good weekend. :)
Kerri
2 comments:
The story about Gracie is so funny! I think you should write a book about her. You know, like the Presidents do about their pets! Remind me to never try to cut a cat's nails. I cut Kalie's (Steph and Mike's dog) last week and she rolled over for it. I guess there are some animals that just love manicures! I'm so happy that you like your radiologist. Just think...in a month your treatment will be over! YAH!!! You and Ben have been such troopers. Hang in there. Love, Mrs. Linda P.S. Tell Gracie that Nana Linda will bring her a present for what her Mommy and Daddy put her through on Monday!
Aunt Kerri I made the A B honor roll again. Have you sot any biwds lately? Love Phillips
Post a Comment