Peace Out Chemo!


Peace OUT Chemo!

Friday was my last treatment!  It went well, as usual.  Here is one of my nurses, Barbara, taking out the IV from my port for the LAST time.  YAAAAAAAY!  My Mom came up to go with me, and Ben was able to make it there about half way through.  My Mom and Dad gave me a beautiful crystal "superstar" necklace to congratulate me on my treatment!  Its a swarovski star necklace, and I love it!  Ben gave me a dozen beautiful red roses, thank you husband!  I also got roses from Kristen and Matt, along with a book titled "Are you there Vodka?  It's me Chelsea" - I busted out laughing at this, it's a book by comedian Chelsea Handler and she cracks me up.  I also received many phone calls and texts.  Thank you all so much for making me feel special.  It felt so good walking out of that place!  Mom, thank you so much for driving up to go with me, love you!

We had a good weekend, basically just relaxing at the house.  I think the only time I left was to go to the grocery store with Ben, but hey, everyone needs a weekend like that every now and then.  Sunday was my tired day, but it wasn't as bad as it usually is.  The only thing different this time is the headaches, which the weather probably has contributed to.  I've always been sensitive to weather, so I wasn't surprised.  My hair is still coming out like crazy, I seriously don't know how I have any left on my head!  It's insane!  Now I have these little broken pieces that stick straight up, I look like alfalfa at times.  You should see it when it's wet - I was thinking I resemble the guy from Tales from the Crypt (ok not really, but funny) or Gollum from the Lord of the Rings.  Ha!  It's not that bad, but it better stop falling out soon or I'm gonna have to get a toupe.  ;)

We are off to Charleston this weekend!  I'm SO Excited!  We are leaving Friday morning and are going to visit one of my best friends, Kristie, and go to the EAGLES concert Friday night.  I seriously cannot wait.

I will find out next week about my appointment with the radiation oncologist.  I'll be in touch!

Love you all!

Kerri

6 comments:

The Herron Family said...

Girl-you are a SUPERSTAR! and you know we love you sooo much! congrats and keep kicking arse my friend.
Love the Herrons

Anonymous said...

GREAT picture, KJS! I'm so happy that you're finished with chemo! Woohoo!!! Have fun with Kristie and the Eagles this weekend! I'm jealous! :) Love you bunches!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're done!!! Ya'll are always in my thoughts and prayers...tell your Mom hello!
Love,
Mrs.H

Anonymous said...

Well I think that smile on your face in the picture just about says it all. I know it's been a long hard ride but the way you and Ben along with the entire Stephenson/Johnson team have handled this has truly been an inspiration to everyone. Enjoy your weekend you've darned well earned it. And about those "little broken pieces that stick straight up"--don't fret that. I've been gorgeous with that doo for years!
Love and prayers to all of you from all of us.

Anonymous said...

YAH!!!!! Goodbye Chemo! I love the smile on your face! I know you and Ben are going to have a great time this weekend! Enjoy! Love to you both! Love, Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Kerri-I'm glad you are done with chemo-it was fun listening to Hotel California over the phone-that picture on Brandys phone was awesome--hope you have a good week---love Phillips(the guitar hero drum master)