HAPPY NEW YEAR!






HEY THERE!

Happy New Year to all of you! Ben and I spent New Years Eve at home this year nursing my chemo hangover. We still had fun even though I was struggling a little bit. We made a feast of crab legs that night, and toasted with sparkling apple cider. It was so wonderful. We kicked 2008 out the door, and I cried when the clock struck 12 - I was seriously so happy for the new year. 2009 has been good so far!

Now, lets not talk about that bowl game - there's always next year right? Geez. We looked pitiful, maybe even borderline pathetic. Chris and Laura Herron came over to watch it with us, and I was so happy they came! I wasn't really feeling good that day, and they were so sweet to come over and just hang out with us. Thanks Herron's! Yall rock.

The pics above are from this past Saturdays "Beginning of a New Year" Party in North Augusta hosted by Scott and Ashley Gibbs. They threw it in my honor and everyone brought donations to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! It was SO MUCH FUN, they had karaoke with a DJ - wow, I pity everyone who had to listen to me sing! Ben and I sang several songs including an Eagles duet (wow, I didn't know I was THAT bad) and as you can see from above, Ben and Matt also got up there and rocked it! I haven't laughed that hard in a while, I swear - when those two get together you are bound to have a stomach ache from laughing so hard. But, they did sing Skid Row like no other. Hi-la-ri-ous! Everyone just looked like they were having so much fun. I saw a LOT of people that I hadn't seen in months and even years. Thanks to everyone who came, and I want to say it means so much to me that everyone donated to my charity of choice. Thank you SO MUCH to Ashley and Scott for hosting this - they raised a total of $660.00 for the LLS! Way to GOOOOOO!

MY LAST CHEMO IS THIS FRIDAY at 11 am - I shiver even saying it - I am SO excited! If I can, I'm gonna do a heel kick and a freaking cartwheel outta that place! I will say BUH BYE to my nurses who have been so good to me - but I will say to them in the kindest words that I hope I never see them again, EVER AGAIN.

Wish me luck! LOVE YALL!

Kerri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI!
I've been keeping tabs with you from your blog. I'm so glad you are doing well. Don't worry about that hair, it's beautiful, as always.

My love,

Ivey---YOUR COUSIN

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures! You all look like you're having so much fun! I'll be thinking of you this coming Friday and celebrating that this is your last chemo. I may even try to do a cartwheel! Now that would be funny!!!! Anyway, I know that 2009 is going to be a great year for you and Ben. Love you both! Mrs. Linda

Jeremy & Cona said...

You are looking more beautiful than ever. I'm glad you are doing so well.