Almost there!

Today was my 8th treatment, and everything went well!  My sister-in-law Kristen went with me this time, and we got the private room!  YAY!   We were there for about 2 hours total, a very fast treatment - that always makes me happy!  My blood counts are awesome, as always.  Thank you Kristen for going with me and keeping me company!  Thank you Lord for allowing me to still be doing so well, I was afraid it would get progressively worse - but it hasn't.  I asked Dr. H if I could move my last chemo up a few days since we got Eagles tickets for Christmas from one of my best friends, Kristie, and the concert is on Jan 16th in Charleston - 3 days after my last chemo was scheduled.  I just couldn't have that - I HAVE to go to this concert, you all just don't understand how much we love the Eagles!  This will be my 4th time seeing them!  So, he has rescheduled it for Friday, Jan 9th!  The countdown has begun!  Kristie you are awesome, seriously we cannot wait to come visit!  I will be SO GLAD when chemo is over, of course I still have radiation, but the chemo is just getting old.  My hair is still falling out, and I don't know how much longer I can take it.  I have a "nub" ponytail now - its about a third of the size it used to be.  It's so thin!  Of course, I can still somehow manage to make it look decent if I go to a party of something, but its so fragile and just goes everywhere when I dry it.  I will never take my hair for granted again, it used to be so pretty without even having to do anything to it.  I can't wait for it to grow back in.  Wonder what it will look like?


Anyways, I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!  I can't believe it's come and gone!  We had a wonderful Christmas with Ben's side of the family, it was so good to spend time with everyone.  The New Year is just around the corner, and I am really looking forward to starting fresh in 2009.  2008 was a year we will never forget, and I hope and pray we'll never have a year like that again.  Who knew that 2008 would bring shock, horror and frustration to our family?  You just never know what's in store for you, and it's important to live everyday to the fullest.  I hope all of you have a FUN New Year's!  Ben and I have the rest of the week off, and we will be enjoying every second of it.  Of course the chemo is cramping my style this year, so I'll be drinking sparkling cider New Year's Eve - I love champaign and I will miss it.  Maybe I'll drink some this coming weekend.  Yall pull for the COCKS in the Outback bowl, we will need some help!  Love you all, and I'll be in touch soon...

Flashy New Year



Kerri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, angel!!! You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Happy New Year!!!!!! It will be better than ever!!!

Love,
Mrs. H

Anonymous said...

I'm counting the days until your last chemo! We had a wonderful Christmas with you all! It was so much fun! 2009 is going to be a great year! I love you and Ben! Love, Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you two,
We loved spending Christmas with you. Kerri, you are the Twister champ! You had some impressive moves:) Ben, I'll be praying for your job. May God's presence be near and dear to you this weekend. Love, Penny