Complete Remission!

Hey there!  


Ben and I had an awesome day!  I have been declared in "complete remission" by my oncologist - all I can say is WOW, that chemo stuff really does work.  It's no joke!  I am declaring myself a certified hodgkin's lymphoma butt-kicker.  Well, I've had some help with the hardcore drugs I have had in my system for the last 2.5 months, but this stuff can't be beat without a good atittude to go along with it.  It will beat you down if you let it.  So, with 6 treatments behind me I am almost there!  Here is what my oncologist is suggesting I do from here on out:

3 more chemo treatments, which will be 9 total.  That was shocking to me, but hey, they're the experts not me.
4 weeks of radiation that starts 3 weeks after my last chemo, and it has to be done Monday - Friday!  Good thing it only takes about 30 minutes.  (another shocker)

They are being very careful with me and are doing all preventative measures possible to ensure this stuff never returns.  That is fine by me, do it now - and they I'm done for all eternity!  Maybe this is my time to have cancer, maybe I won't have it when I'm older.  That would be ideal now wouldn't it?

My question is, what will they be doing with that laser during 4 weeks of radiation?  Won't it all be gone by then?  Who knows, but that's my only question now.  If I'm in remission, then what is this chemo killing now?  Good cells?  Aaaaggghhhhhh!  I'm going to quit worrying and let these 2 oncologists do their job.  Doctor H is consulting with Doctor Flowers, head of the Lymphoma unit at Emory, and I guess they both know what they are talking about.  He is what I would consider "hardcore" and I think he would make me do 12 treatments total if it were up to him.  I think that's a little much, but let's leave the magic to those guys with the "Dr" in front of their name!

Ben, thank you for being there with me today - you are undoubtedly the best husband in the world.  I love you!

Thank you all for the prayers about today, and about me and my family.  The Lord has blessed us in so many ways.  Thank you!

I'll be in touch yall :)

Love,

Kerri, TCHLBK






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerri, I am sooo happy to hear this news! Congrats. You definitely have the right personality and spirit and I truly believe that is what got you here! Mind over Matter honey! Keep us posted. We love you, Courtney, Trey and Bryson

Anonymous said...

My last prayer last night before I drifted off to sleep, was for God to let you have wonderful news today...I've been checking your blog all day for results...Thank-you Lord!!! is all I have to say!!!
What a amazing Christmas present!!!
You and Ben will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers...

Love,
Mrs. H

Anonymous said...

Well, I've gotten my Christmas gift for the next several years! This is so awesome! God is so GOOD! You and Ben have been so strong throughout all this and role models for the rest of us. We will continue to pray as you go through the rest of your treatment. This is the best news ever! I love you both! Love, Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

Kerri,

This is great holiday news! Congrats! You have definitely been a trooper throughout your treatments, and we'll continue to pray for you during the remainder. See you soon.

-Ivey, Nic & Alex Carroll

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!GREAT NEWS....You have remained strong through this fight and now YOU are the WINNER. You have several people on your team and we are praying for you each week. Keep up the positive attitude. YOU GO GURL!!!!!

Love,
Brent and Caroline

Mason Fleske said...

Congrats you butt kicker! I always knew you were a toughy!!!

The Herron Family said...

Chris, Raegan, and I are so happy for you and Ben. We can't wait to see you at Christmas and give you a big big hug. YOU are such a rockstar and an inspiration to all. Lots of love and we will continue our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey You HODGKINS BUTT WHOOPER< I am on your computer writing this, but had to congratulate you and let you know that you are the bravest person I have ever met. God gave me the greatest gift when he introduced you to me. I hope as your husband I can teach you 1/4th of what you have taught me in just the past 3 months. I am in AHHH of you, and am honored to stand by your side in such a difficult time. I love you forever Ben

Anonymous said...

Kerri and Ben,
Congratulations on your great news. I am so thrilled for you. You have received your best gift ~ Merry Christmas!
Kerri, may God strengthen you and give you patience as you endure these next few weeks.:)
Ben, may His wisdom and presence supply your every need in your new job.
I love you,
Penny

Anonymous said...

um what can I say? I never doubted you one bit! You are so awesome! You were an inspiration, and role model to me before all of this crap found its way into our lives and now not only my role model, mentor, and inspiration, but my biggest hero! I never really thought that i would be so moved! This obsticle really strengthened my faith in you, myself, our family, and most of all, God!Thank you for everything you have taught me and everything that you will continue to teach me throughout the rest of our lives! This was an eye opener, and I am so proud of you and will love you forever! See you at Christmas!

I love you!
Griswald family member,
your favortie niece,
your biggest fan,
Lauren! <3