Hey there!
7 DOWN, I can finally see the light at the end of this dark tunnel. Once again, everything went according to plan this past Tuesday. My mother-in-law, Linda Stephenson, went with me this time and I want to thank her for driving all the way from Charlotte to go with me! It was nice to get to spend some time with her. I didn't get my favorite private room this time, but I am a little bit spoiled with that room so we sat out there in the big room with everyone else. The whole treatment took a little under 3 hours this time, so not too bad. We went to lunch afterwards and just had a nice day.
I thought I was going to pull a fast one on Dr. H this time, but he caught me. I had really been wanting to just do 8 treatments, and I was like "oh isn't next time the last one?" and he replied promptly with a "NO". That wasn't the answer I was looking for. Oh well, what can ya do, so 9 it is! I will start radiation 3 weeks after that. He is comparing radiation to a field goal in a football game, just finishing the job. I will be in touch on when that starts, but I've heard it will wear you out so lets see if I can be superwoman for a little bit longer and get through this radiation without feeling terrible.
We are getting ready to celebrate Christmas next week! I seriously can't believe it's here - WOW. The past 4 months have FLOWN by! I remember thinking, well by Christmas I'll be almost done with this stuff. And here we are! Our house looks so pretty at Christmas, I was thinking the other day what it will look like when I take all of this stuff down, and I think it will be bare as a bone. I guess I'll just have to buy more stuff! I am going to visit my side of the family in NA this weekend and will be coming back to Atlanta on Tuesday. I wish Ben could come with me, but he is working so hard at his new position that he can't go with me this time. We'll miss him terribly! I am looking forward to spending some time with my Mom and Dad, Stephen and Brandy, my niece Lauren and my nephew Phillips. This year we spend Christmas with Ben's side of the family, and I'm excited to see everyone, especially our adorable niece Sydney and nephew Braden, and Ben's sister Steph and her husband Mike. We just don't see them as much as we would like because they live in Virginia!
Thank you again Mrs. Linda for going with me to my treatment!
I hope all of you have a blessed Christmas and I will be in touch soon - we are looking forward to a new beginning in 2009. Its gonna be a good year, I can feel it.
Love you all!
Kerri
2 comments:
Girl you are superwoman for sure! Love the season and definitely counting our blessings. God is amazing and can't wait for 2009, it will be the best year ever! Love you so much!
I was so glad to be able to go with you to your treatment. You are a real trooper! I really liked your doctor and the nurses who take care of you. It made me feel good to know how well they are caring for you. I know that 2009 is going to be an awesome year! I love you! Mrs. Linda
Post a Comment