5th treatment is history...


Maxine cracks me up...a little Thanksgiving Maxine for ya.

Hey there,

Well, so far so good after my 5th treatment this past Tuesday!  I have felt the same as I always do the days after treatment, just kind of blah and out of it.  I'm feeling pretty good today so that makes me happy.  We are having a Thanksgiving feast at work today, so that alone put me in a good mood this morning!  Yall know I love food.  My Mom has been here all week and she always makes us feel so taken care of!  I tell ya, we could get used to her cooking.  My Mom rivals Paula Deen, I'm serious.  The lady can cook.  And my house is always so beautiful when she leaves. She seems to know how to clean things that I've never even thought of.  We got my house decorated for Christmas yesterday, and that is a job in itself.  I was pretty tired after that!  Thanks Mom for being here with me and helping us out this week, love you!  

My hair is still thinning, and it's still annoying, but I've still got it!

I know you have all been wondering about the PET scan, well its scheduled for this coming Tuesday at 10 am.  I am hoping they can use my port, but we'll see.  I'm not looking forward to it, but it has to be done.  It takes about 3 hours and that just seems like a long time to me.  They put radioactive glucose in my veins and I have to sit there for an hour and let it run through me.  Then I have to be scanned, and that is a pain.  I can't move, and last time my arms fell asleep.  Not fun!  Please pray for me!  I am hoping that if anything does show up, it's tiny and can be zapped with the rest of  my chemo.  We shall see.  We won't know anything until my next chemo appointment, which is December 2nd.

I hope all of you have an awesome Thanksgiving!  It's my favorite holiday of the year, well besides Christmas.  My Mom's dressing is so freaking good, I can't wait for it!  And my Dad and Brother make a mean grilled turkey.  We will be heading to good ole NA next week for Turkey Day.  Im looking forward to spending time with the fam and good friends.  Lurn Jones, can't wait to see you!

I'll be in touch next week about the PET scan - 'till then, love yall!

6 comments:

The Herron Family said...

Girl I am so amazed by you and your strength. You are always in my prayers and I can't wait to we catch up again...when will that be?
Love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Glad that number 5 is over and done. We're looking forward to seeing you and Ben this coming week. Keep up the positive attitude. I just know everything is going to be fine. We love you and you're in our prayers. Love, Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Thanksgiving....we are thinking about you. Drink a gallon of you Moms sweet tea for me... GO COCKS!!!!!!!!!
Love Brent and Caroline

Anonymous said...

Kerri,
You are in our daily thoughts and prayers. Have a wonderful Turkey Day!
Love ya, Tracy

Unknown said...

KJS....
Well I'm down the street and ready to hang, let it begin! I LOVE YOU!!!
Lurn Jones

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
It has been a while since I have written on your blog, but it is not because I am not thinking of you and Ben. You both are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. I can't wait until Christmas. Michael, Braden, Sydney and I are looking forward to spending Christmas with you guys in Atlanta. Stay Strong and God Bless. Steph