4 down and USC-Tenn Tailgate!



This past weekend, me, Ben, Kristen and Matt all went to Columbia for the USC-Tenn game.  The weather couldn't have been more beautiful, it was actually hot Saturday afternoon!  We had lunch at one of our favorite places in Columbia, the Salty Nut Cafe.  I spent many days and nights at that place in college - you just can't beat it.  We met up with a bunch of our friends in the fairgrounds that afternoon.  It was fun to get to hang out with everyone.  We met up with Chris and Laura, the other two-some of our original tailgate crew, and took this awesome picture.  We stayed the night at Chris and Laura's and got to see their beautiful 3.5 month old again.  We love her!  It was such a fun day!  And to top it all off, we ended up beating Tennessee to a pulp.  That hasn't happened in years...GO COCKS!  What a great weekend.

I have been feeling really good lately.  The fatigue hasn't been that bad and I've been able to pretty much do anything I could before all this happened.  The only thing I haven't tried is the elliptical - still a little scared to sweat as I have this vision that I will pass out.  Who knows, maybe I'll get up the courage and try it soon.  I am working from home today, and will probably continue to do so on the Thursdays after treatment.  Today I am feeling ok - just a little tired but not terrible.  It's so nice to not have to get up and get myself ready - I could get used to this.

This past Tuesday was my 4th chemo treatment.  4 down already?  Can you all believe it?  I AM HALFWAY DONE!  Ok, hopefully...please pray that 8 is still my maximum amount.  I will have a PET scan after my 5th treatment and if it looks good, then 8 will be the magic number.  If anything shows up, I have to do 12.  I don't want to do 12.  I WANT 8.  Anyways, I had some great company this time as my sister-in-law Kristen went with me, and Ben got to come after he went to vote!  With those two there, the time went by pretty fast and I lucked up and got the "fast" nurse so I was outta there in about 2.5 hours.  It was awesome!  Thank yall so much for going with me!

Thanks again for the continued prayers - and for all of the sweet comments on here.  I just love reading them.  

I'll be in touch!  Love you all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerri! I'm so glad that you are doing SO good! I know you all had a great time this past weekend and the Cocks really did take the Vols to task! I and everyone else I know are praying that your PET scan shows NED (no evidence of disease)and that 8 is the magic number! Remember...THINK POSITIVE!!! You and Ben keep up the good work and hang in there. I love you! Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

As good as you've been doing, 8 is all you're going to need. I check your blog every day to make sure you're doing A-OK!!! I pray for you every day, and know this will all be behind you before you know it. Tell your moma I said hello and that she and all of your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Mrs. Hucko

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! This makes all of us very happy and stronger knowing you are just "Rolling with the Punches," as I know you will continue to do.

You are amazing, I know God is listening and answering all the prayers.

Thanks to everyone who has been and will continue to pray for our family (special thanks to Steve and Linda Stephenson).

Thanks to MOM, for her continuous support and love ...
But most of all, thank you God for everything you do,

I Love You,

DAD

Anonymous said...

Great post, KJS! I was so glad that I got to spend the day with you and Ben on Tuesday and get a first hand account of what you have to go through! You're such a CHAMP! I love you very much! Matt and I will continue to pray for you everyday! Love, KRIS

Anonymous said...

Kerri, first of all, thank you for all of your prayers for Trey and me right now. It was so nice of you to send such a sweet message. We are conitnuing to pray for you. I promise I will pray for "8." You are so stong and I envy you for it. We love you, Courtney and Trey

Anonymous said...

KERRI, In this case 8 is going to be a closed gate. Closed to anymore treatments. NOT NEEDED. halleluia. I pray for you daily and will this to my prayers. I also pray for Ben for this can take a toll on a marriage, and I praise Him for your and Ben's love and commitment to each other. Thanks you also for being so faithful to your blog. It is so wonderful to read it and see how our God is blessing you. Love you. rere

Anonymous said...

8 is right around the corner sweetie. Keep up the good fight, and this will be a distant memory in our lives. I love and pray for you every moment of the day. See you soon Love Ben