Happy Monday! We woke up to 5 inches of rain this morning, and the storm that rolled through Atlanta kept me up for close to 2 hours last night. Talk about some serious thunder and lightning! Anyways, we had a really nice weekend. I completed my first 5k Saturday morning! We met Melanie and Matt over at their house at 7 am, and they surprised me with custom "Team Kerri" shirts. How thoughtful and awesome is that? Melanie is a graphic designer also, and she did the logo and then they ironed them on the shirts. They are so cute! The race started at 8 am in Brookhaven, and while it was not easy I made it! I could not run up the hills, but I ran the rest of the way. Ben and I finished 3.2 miles in 39 minutes...not too shabby. That's making 12 minute miles, which is alright with me. Matt finished in under 25 minutes, wow! He's fast! Mel and Matt were a few minutes behind Ben and I, and Mel did great...I'm sure that's not easy to do while pregnant. So - here's a picture of all of us, and also the Team Kerri logo Melanie designed.


You can definitely tell I ran it - look at how red my face is! HA! Ben thank you for hanging with me during the race - I know you could have sprinted it with ease, so thank you for running in place when I had to walk up the hills. ;) It was a great time, and we ate at the Flying Biscuit afterwards...that place rocks. Thanks again to Melanie and Matt for bringing this race to our attention and for making the shirts! 1633 people ran the race, and the Big Peach Running Company handed over $10,900 to the GA chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. That is awesome!!!
The rest of the weekend was nice! My mother-in-law was in town, and she made a feast for us to celebrate the Kentucky Derby Saturday night. She is from Louisville, so she knows how to make the best Derby food ever! We had Hot Browns (turkey over toast with bacon and cheese sauce), Kentucky Burgoo (a stew with chicken, beef, and tons of veggies, it's awesome), and Derby Pie (the best pie I think I've ever had). We pretty much engorged ourselves...thanks again Mrs. Linda for bringing and cooking all of that wonderful food.
Ben and I got out in the garage yesterday and cleaned the entire thing out - WOW what a job. I bought new storage shelves and bins for everything. It looks really good now...there is something so addictive about organizing!
I am looking forward to my Mom coming up to spend the week with me as Ben will be out of town this week, see you tomorrow Mom!
I hope all of you have a great week! I would appreciate your prayers as my next scan approaches - it's Friday, May 14th I believe at 2:30 pm. Pray that its squeaky clean! Scanxiety ahead folks...
Love to all,
6 comments:
Thank's Jankuns, it was fun. KJ you did so good, I am proud of you. I loved spending the run with you, much more enjoyable than running by myself
Love you
Ben
Wholly hell! Mel ran a 5K pregnant? Congratulations everyone!!!
Congratulations Team Kerri--great picture--love the shirts Melanie and Matt----See you at lunch tomorrow---Love You--Mom
Congrats on the 5K...that is great! The shirts are so cute:) Glad y'all had a fun time!
Sending loads of prayers your way...
Wow!! You bunch of athletes!!! You know what I say, "better you than me!" We miss ya'll love ya tons
Stephen and Brandy and Dad and Jackson and albertbun and that ragedy cat
You all did great in the race and the picture is awesome! So proud of you all. I had a great time spending Derby weekend with you all! Looking forward to this coming weekend! Love you! Mrs. Linda
Post a Comment