I have just returned from a check up at my oncology office and everything looks fantastic! My blood counts are perfect, and my thyroid levels are even perfect. YAY! I was pretty worried that I would have to go on thyroid medication there for a while, but I'm in the clear for now. This is great news! He prodded around in my neck and armpits, and didn't feel anything suspicious. I told him that I already do that myself, and that I would know something way before he would. ;) Remember how I was really worried about the added radiation of CT Scans? He said there is nothing to worry about. The study that came out was for unnecessary CT scans that hospitals are doing now. They are pretty much protocol, and he said that is what becomes dangerous. He said CT scans show an unbelievable amount of radiation in babies, but not as much in adults. He said because adults aren't growing anymore that it doesn't pose an increased risk of leukemia like it would in children. It still makes me uneasy, but I won't require that many more scans so I'm sure I'll be fine. He wants another CT scan on May 14th of the neck and chest, then I am hoping he'll push them back some more (once a year would be great!) but we'll cross that bridge when it gets here.
I wish I had my camera with me because I got some awesome pictures, but here is one from my blackberry of the beautiful snow we had on Friday night! We got around 4 inches! My parents and brother said they got almost 6"! I hear Columbia, SC got around 8". That's insane!
I haven't seen anything as beautiful as the sky on Saturday morning in a while. It was the most brilliant shade of blue, and it made the snow look like a scene out of a painting. So, I've had my snow fix. Time for warm weather...seriously, spring - quit playing around. Hurry up!
Hope you are all having a great week. I'm slammed at work, but that never seems to change anymore! I guess that's a good thing! Ben, Matt, Kristen and I are driving to the Noke this weekend to visit my sister-in-law Stephanie and her family. Noke = Roanoke, Va. They had some serious snow recently too, but it looks like we are in the clear for this weekend. We haven't seen Steph, her husband Mike or our niece and nephew in so long...we're excited!
Thanks for the prayers everyone! Thank you Ben for going with me today, love you sweetheart!
Love to all,
5 comments:
So happy and jumping for JOY!!! God is good!!! Another great appointment behind ya! Your house is gorgeous with the snow everywhere! Have fun this weekend! I know all of the Crossan's can't wait to see you all. Love, Mrs. Linda
Wasn't the snow frickin' awesome?!? We got between 7 & 8 inches...crazy! I am so happy to hear that your check up went okay...I know you are relieved. Hope you have a safe and fun trip!
Yay!! That's wonderful news, Kerri! I'm so excited for you! We're looking forward to this weekend, and hopefully we'll come in higher than LAST place in trivia tonight! Haha! Love you bunches!
Good news sweetheart, love you
Had a great weekend with you
Love You
Ben
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
:)
Love,
Mrs. H
Post a Comment