Ways to Help Haiti

Happy Friday everyone!


I wanted to post this.  I copied it from Fantabulously Frugal's website...and thought it was a great idea.  These people really need some help, and everyone has 5 or 10 bucks to spare.


1. Text "HAITI" to 90999 and donate $10 to the Red Cross.  This was set up by the U.S. State Department, so you know it's legit.  The $10 donation will be added to your next cell phone bill.

2. Text "Yele" to 501501 to donate $5 to Yele Haita, a charity set up by Wyclef Jean to help those people in his home country of Haiti.



3.  I can't do either of these because I have a company owned phone, so I donated through this website:
Doctors Without Borders



I hope all of you have a fantastic weekend!  Love to all,


Kerri

4 comments:

Sandi said...

These are really good suggestions. I know I want to help and many others too. It's good to know how to do that.

Anonymous said...

Kerri - Great suggestions for people to donate! The mother of a girl I work with was missing in Haiti. Shea (my co-worker) flew to Miami to wait for the first flight she could get on to Haiti. We received word this morning that she finally got word that her mother survived! Thank GOD! But there are so many others that did not! So sad! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Johnson Wax not only contributed a large sum of money to Haiti, but they are matching whatever the employees give. We made our donation yesterday via the Red Cross and the company will match it. Thanks for passing along these other ways to give. Love and Prayers to all those suffering in Haiti. Mrs. Linda

Mary said...

Thanks Kerri, just did the text one to Haiti, you always have the best info. for us! Hope everything is going great! Think about you often...
Love,
Mrs. H