Whew, after a busy Christmas and New Years, Ben and I are trying to get back into the swing of things. It's tough after having two full weeks off of work. I really was spoiled there at the end. We had a wonderful Christmas with my side of the family this year! We spent a lot of time at my parents house and at my Brothers house too. We had some really, really good food courtesy of my Mom and Dad - mmmmmmm they can cook! And it was nice just to relax, and spend time with them. We saw some friends as well, and went out a couple of times which was fun. Santa Claus was good to both Ben and I - I guess we were good last year! I had a blast until the Sat after Christmas when I started to feel weird. I knew it right when it hit me - I was getting sick. UGH. I HATE being sick. I honestly don't remember the last time I was sick. It was WAY before treatment last year. Anyways, I came down with a pretty nasty cold that Sunday, and it lasted well into the week. It made me miss the Lady Gaga concert - I was BEYOND upset. I love her music, and Kristen and Abbie said it was one of the best concerts they had ever seen. UGH thanks a lot stupid cold! So, I finally started to feel better on Wednesday and never made it into work that week. Ben and I left for Hilton Head Island on Thursday morning which was New Years Eve. We stayed at Kristen's parents condo, which is beautiful and so convenient to great restaurants and places to hang out. We went out that night with Kristen, Matt, Abbie, Steve and our friend Matty C who used to live in ATL, but lives in Hilton Head now. It was so much funnnnnnn!!!!!!!!! We had a meal of lobster tail and filet, then went bar hopping. We rang in the New Year at a place called Remy's - fun times! It sure beat the heck out of last New Years! We had a great time in Hilton Head. We stayed through the weekend and on Saturday we all went to Wild Wings to watch the Gamecocks play in the bowl game. Whatever the heck happened to them I don't know - they played terrible! Oh well! So, after the game Ben starts feeling bad. I was like OH NO! Yep, he got my nasty cold. He's still got it - he's been down for the count since Sat night. I feel terrible for giving it to him, and I hope he feels better soon. Say a little prayer for him!
Overall we had GREAT break and I am still wishing it wasn't over yet!
Here's some pics of Hilton Head!
Hope all of you are staying warm - it was 17 in "Hot"lanta this morning...What the heck? I can't stand it!
Happy New Year everyone, may 2010 be the best year ever!!!
Love to all,
5 comments:
Can I punch you in the arm for referring to our beloved city as "Hot-lanta"? Looks like your New Year will be blessed with laughter, love and lots of happiness!!! Screw 2009.
It's a stupid saying, but honestly - it's the freaking truth, 95% of the time! I want it to be hot again NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy New Year!!! Try to stay warm! I hear this winter is going to one of the worst since the 1980's. Eat lots of hot soup and chili! Love to you and Ben. Love, Mrs. Linda
Love the pictures - it was a great time down in Hilton Head! I'm sooo glad ya'll came! :) Love you bunches! Kristen
Great time, Thanks for getting me sick Kerri HA HA HA HA
Just kidding love you
Ben
Post a Comment