One year and good hair!


Dec. 2, 2008. I walked into my oncologist's office, Ben was sitting right beside me. We were waiting on the results of my first PET scan following 5 rounds of chemo to see if I was in remission or not. Dr. H casually walks in, my heart is pounding out of my chest as I'm sure Ben's was as well... and he says "its a complete response, you are in full remission". Those were some pretty sweet words. I am celebrating one year of remission today. That is something to be thankful for! I am in such a great mood today!

I have had a tough time with my hair over the last year. This time last year it was getting pretty thin, and I know I was so blessed that I didn't lose all of it. Well the only thing with not losing all of it is that you have to deal with the new, weird hair that starts growing in after chemo. It was kinked, blah, nasty hair. But, it filled in very quickly and slowly started to get back to the old texture it was. I got most of that nasty old hair cut off last night. It FINALLY looks healthy again, and I am so happy! It's amazing what little things can make you happy, and a good haircut certainly does.

I took this pic just now in my office, the lighting is terrible and my blackberry doesn't take good pics but at least you can see what I'm talking about.



YAY!

Love to all!

Kerri

7 comments:

Mason Fleske said...

Yay for good hair...oh, and remission!

Jessica said...

It looks really good! Congrats on the remission!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your one year anniversary! And I love your hair! Love, Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

The hair looks good and will be better over time ... the remission is what we are all very thankful for.

See you in a couple of weeks ...

Love,

Dad

graceinmaine said...

you're beautiful! cancer clearly messed with the wrong woman...congratulations on your one year anniversary...enjoy every second of it!

Anonymous said...

We've both had MANY blessings this year! You are positively GLOWING!!!
God is VERY good!
Love,
Mrs. H

Anonymous said...

I always thought your hair looked beutiful, Even this time last year. Love you

Ben