5 Months Out

Hey all!


First and foremost:  I would like to thank God for bringing me to where I am today - and for giving me the strength to bounce back from cancer and treatment so quickly.  Thank you for blessing me with renewed health!

Today marks 5 months since I finished treatment.  I can't believe my one year mark is approaching since "D-DAY" or in other words, diagnosis day -  that's crazy!  September 2, 2008 is a day I will never forget, but we'll cross that bridge when it gets here.  For now, I just wanted to give you all an update on how I'm doing.  In one word...FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!!  I'm 100% back to my old self.  A few things are forever changed in me, that's just part of a cancer diagnosis.  But, I feel like a million bucks on most days - and I find that some days I have so much energy that I can barely sit in my chair to work.  Now of course this depends on how well I sleep, but on most nights I sleep like a baby.  I have been going to the gym 3 times a week for an hour each time, and that is a huge help.  I feel so much better now that I work out on a consistent basis.  My Lhermitte's Sign is getting better, but I can still feel it.  Now if I can just get these last 4 pounds off!

Ben and I have been grilling out A LOT lately, and really just hanging out at our house.  We hang out with Kristen and Matt a lot, and also our neighbors Bernie and Jody because they live right next door.  We had everyone over this past Saturday night for a "rib off" between the boys.  Well, we think they all won.  They all had such different flavors and textures - but were all really good.  Ben's had a rich smoky flavor, Matt's had an asian sweet-hot taste, and Jody's had a nice barbecue flavor to them.  All were really good.  So, it was a tie.  We had fried green tomatoes, squash casserole, homemade cole slaw, freshly picked boiled corn, and bread.  It was a rib feast for sure.  YUM!  We all played ladder ball after dinner and just had a great time.  Here's a pic of Ben and Matt before the rib off started - it makes me laugh, look at those faces!  HA!


I have also been enjoying my hummingbirds.  I only have 3 so far this year, but hopefully I'll get a few more in August.  Here is a picture of my ruby-throated hummer, isn't he beautiful?  He's a feisty one - he dive bombs the other ones when they try to get nectar, it's funny!  I love them!



Our summer has been a blast so far, and we've still got a month to go!  Next month is going to be busy, there are so many family members including Ben and myself that have birthdays in August.  It's a great month!  

We are headed to the lake this weekend for an oyster roast - we are so excited!  I hope all of you are having a fun summer so far - love to all!

Kerri

PS - see below right, I now have a "follower" section...please sign up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie, it was a blast. What a great time. Congrats on 5 months from treatment. Wow to think that was only 5 months ago. I love you and pray hourly for you Love Ben

Anonymous said...

Steve and I thank God each and everyday that you continue to do so well and feel so good! God is so good! I'm glad that all the guys were winners on Saturday night. Sounds like the food was fantastic! What are you all doing for the next big cook off? Love the picture of the boys! Love, Mrs. Linda

Anonymous said...

God is so good! We had a blast this weekend - like always! It's so wonderful how well you're feeling! We're so proud of you! We love you! Kristen and Matt

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys & ladies! Sounds like the weekend was fun - the rib cook-off was a tie, all must have been outstanding - I know they were!

Congratulations Kerri - the good lord has been good to us and you - we thank everyone for their support and you feeling like a million bucks - how awesome is that!

See you this weekend for the feast!
It'll be great seeing everyone again!

Mom and Dad

The Herron Family said...

KJS-Chris and I are so happy for you and wish we could celebrate with you each day! I know Chris would have loved to participated in the rib cook off. Can't wait to see you guys this fall for some football. LOVE YA!

God is Good!


The Herron